Black Powder Smokehouse is a family owned and operated BBQ smokehouse whose goal is to serve the community, and surrounding areas, with a smoked culinary vision of mouth watering, freshly chopped provisions. Our meats are smoked for 12 hours and carved fresh while supplies last.
The Closing Kitchen Manager assists in creative ways to improve food cost, kitchen operations, and staff management. Other responsibilities include kitchen cleanliness, staff training/development, and production management including recipe management, portion control, product utilization, and waste control.
Closing Kitchen Manager duties and responsibilities
The Closing Kitchen Manager is responsible for a variety of tasks related to food preparation and kitchen maintenance. Closing Kitchen Managers are more likely to perform cleaning and maintenance tasks such as washing dishes, providing cooks with needed items, sanitizing work stations, rotating foodstuffs in refrigerators, preparing and polishing plates and cutlery, and keeping dispensers and shelves stocked. The Closing Manager may also be responsible for food preparation under the supervision of a manager or head chef. These tasks may include cleaning and butchering meat, knowing a restaurant’s menu and preparing its items, mixing ingredients in food preparation, and correctly storing food.
The Closing Kitchen Manager is responsible for creating a positive environment for all “back-of-house” staff and creating a culture of respect and kitchen proficiency. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Creating exceptional food per the Black Powder Smokehouse standards
- Ensuring recipes are used and followed for consistency and cost
- Training new staff and developing existing staff
- Assist Kitchen Manager & General Manager with opening and closing duties as scheduled
- Assist in managing and maintaining all food storage areas.
- Enforce and follow all Guidelines set forth by the Guildford County Health Department
- Ensure staff adhere to all BP policies regarding safety and sanitation
- Scheduling back of staff as well as maintaining labor costs based on sales.
Qualifications and skills
- Consistent work history with experience in all aspects of kitchen operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or equivalent software.
- May be required to sit/stand for a period of 4-8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
A qualified candidate for the position of a BlackPowder Smokehouse Closing Kitchen Manager must have leadership and communication skills and also possess the enthusiasm to work as a team player and be eager to contribute to the betterment of the company.