Black Powder Smokehouse is a family operated BBQ smokehouse whose goal is to serve the community, and surrounding areas, with a smoked culinary vision of mouth watering, freshly chopped provisions. Our meats are smoked for 12 hours and carved fresh while supplies last. Our sides are prepared fresh daily and served in many variations.
A Cashier is responsible for greeting incoming customers with a pleasant and warm welcome.
Cashier duties and responsibilities
Cashiers are responsible for maintaining positive and welcoming impressions for Black Powder Smokehouse at all times. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Welcome each customer to the House.
- Process sales transactions
- Accept payments
- Calculate and return change when required by the payment method
- Maintain adequate change denominations in the cash drawer and request additional change.
- Answer customer questions about products and servicers
- Report issues with equipment
- Answer incoming calls for TO GO orders
- Bagging and double check that all orders are accurate prior to releasing to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge of menu, available inventory and sales policies.
- Maintaining inventory and cleaning per instructed.
Qualifications and skills
- A High School diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience in a customer service role is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and/or learn a point of sale system.
- May be required to sit/stand for a period of 4-8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to lift up to 25-50 pounds, if needed.
A qualified candidate for the position of a BlackPowder Smokehouse cashier must have outstanding interactive and communication skills and also possess the enthusiasm to work with other staff as a team player and be eager to cross train in order to adapt to the demands of the restaurant.